THE BISHOPS LODGE ECO-FRIENDLY HOTEL INITIATIVES
Naturally Green since 1916
The Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa in Santa Fe, New Mexico is most often known for its serene location, luxurious services, and tranquil atmosphere. But we are also committed to supporting the environment with many Eco-Friendly hotel initiatives, such as:
- Water conservation
- Green horticultural servicing
- Menus utilizing our own fruit trees and organic and locally grown ingredients
- Energy efficient light bulbs, timers and motion sensors
- Donating old sheets, towels, table linens, furniture, carpeting, window coverings, appliances, bedspreads, etc. for resale and re-use
- Offering guestrooms with windows that open or are part of a fresh-air exchange system
- Offering free transportation between the resort and town three times a day
- Allowing our guests to refrain from having their towels and linens laundered daily
- Using Eco-Friendly to-go containers
- Recycling all office paper
- Offering Green Weddings
- Having preferred vendors with Eco-Friendly products and services
- Educating our guests of Bishop’s Lodge’s unique history and environment
Besides the most expected Eco-Friendly practices, such as a towel-reuse program and sheet re-use program, Bishop’s Lodge offers a great variety of green hotel programs in support of our high desert community were water is such a precious resource. Bishop’s Lodge has an on-property water reclamation system filter and recycles all of our water. The resulting gray water is used to water gardens and landscaping. As the water filters through the soil on its way to ground and subterranean water sources, it is cleaned. No fertilizers or pesticides are used on the landscaping to avoid contaminating the well source.
The use of alternative forms of energy is highly-emphasized at our Eco-Friendly, Santa Fe resort. We use low-flow toilets, shower heads and faucets and our kitchen stoves and ovens are fuelled with natural gas. Our SháNah Spa & Wellness features a water-conserving Xeric garden that is based on sound horticultural practices.
Harsh chemicals and pesticides are avoided at The Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa. Las Fuentes Restaurant designs their menu around fresh, organic cuisine. This Santa Fe resort restaurant also supports local farms and their produce is procured from Bishop Lodge fruit trees. Additionally, Bishop’s Lodge housekeeping service avoids using perfumed or scented laundry supplies, carpet cleaners, cleaning supplies or air fresheners.
Our Green weddings focus on utilizing local organic menus and employing preferred Eco-Friendly florists specializing in local flowers and recycling.
The Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort & Spa has been and will continue to be dedicated to an extensive and effective Eco-Friendly program.