Some of the best weddings we’ve hosted here at Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort and Spa have been in the beautiful natural setting of our outdoor space. Nestled in a tranquil valley at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, our secluded resort surrounds you with 450 acres of rolling hills and towering cottonwood trees. If you’re considering an outdoor wedding here are 5 planning tips:
- Choose Timing: Time of year and time of day are very important considerations when planning an outdoor wedding. Consult the Farmer’s Almanac (www.farmersalmanac.com) and research weather for your location so you can choose a date that corresponds with warm weather. Most outdoor weddings at Bishop’s Lodge take place from late-spring through the fall. Also, think about the time of day – depending on the month, morning weddings can be too cool, while during the heat of the summer, a mid-day wedding can be too hot. Plan accordingly.
- Plan for Outdoor Elements: Never assume that the weather will be perfect because it’s your wedding day. Depending on your location and time of year, you could experience unseasonable temperatures (too hot or too cold) or there could be rain. Not having an alternate plan has forced many couples to postpone their nuptials. At Bishop’s Lodge we can assist in providing options so you don’t have to worry if Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate on you big day.
- Your Décor: Outdoor weddings are a great opportunity to scale back your decor budget since you’re already in a fabulous setting. Leverage the natural settings and lush green surroundings of Bishop’s Lodge.
- Prepare Your Guests: You should consider letting your guests know that your big event will take place outside so they can be prepared for the weather and the outdoor elements . This will help guests make decisions on attire (eg. bringing a sweater or sun hat) and sunscreen.
- Hire a Good Wedding Planner: There are so many details to think about when planning your big day. Having a professional wedding coordinator can help ease your stress. Our professional staff will assist you in planning every last detail of your New Mexico wedding celebration – from menu selection and seating plans to photographers, decorations, and audiovisual needs.
So whether you’re planning an intimate ceremony for twenty in Bishop Lamy’s Chapel or a grand sunset reception for 350 on the Mesa Vista overlook, your special day will be celebrated with our distinct, elegant style. We’ll make it easy for you to have your outdoor wedding at Bishop’s Lodge Ranch Resort.